Monday, March 6, 2017

A Little Introduction


     I've decided to make my film a drama film, called Flying Colors. I want to tell the story of a girl who came from a broken family; an absentee father who placed upon her the burden of taking care of her siblings. She channels her talent for painting into a career and, despite all setbacks, surpasses her greatest expectations (hence the title: a pun on "passing with flying colors" and being a painter). There will be no romanticizing of sadness or pain in relationships or as individuals, as is common of films I have seen in this genre. The truth is that pain is necessary for growth, but it shouldn't be glorified as it is so often. I want to tell the story of what it's like to be a young artist: full of self-doubt, but so so so full of self-growth; moreover, I want to tell the story of what it's like to have to fiend for yourself and your siblings while having your own dreams. I want to inspire.

No comments:

Post a Comment