Saturday, March 11, 2017

Storyboarding

     I am not one for graphics. I prefer words over designs/pictures when expressing myself; anyone who knows me will tell you this. This being said, I needed to storyboard for my film: I had this huge vision in my head of what I wanted to record, but when I tried to translate that into real scenes, I went completely blank. Logically, storyboarding and coffee were my only refuge.
     Two hours and many, many eraser shavings later, I have a clear vision of what I want. Opening with a black screen, the screen will materialize into a closeup of the main character, Daniela, opening her eyes feverishly. The angle will look something like this: 


After she blinks a few times, she will look away. Her siblings will come running in; they are extremely close-knit.

Cut to another day, made evident by Daniela's clothes, Daniela is looking in the fridge for food. There is nothing substantial. She looks defeated, exasperated.

Cut to Daniela painting, her only relief from the strife of having to basically be a mother to her siblings.

Cut to Daniela dressed up being photographed. She has finally succeeded at her dream; she is a famous painter.


No comments:

Post a Comment