Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Doing Research

    Upon doing some research, I decided I wanted my film to be somewhere between Across the Universe (dir. by Julie Taymor in 2007) and 10 Things I Hate About You (dir. by Gil Junger in 1999). These two movies are absolutely iconic to me, and in truth I think I based my taste for movies off of them. I want my film to have the effortless humor and emotion present in 10 Things I Hate About You, but also the effortless chemistry and more intense romance evident in Across the Universe.
     Here are some of my favorite scenes from both:
10 Things I Hate About You - I Love You Baby
10 Things I Hate About You - Whoops!
10 Things I Hate About You - Bookstore
Across the Universe - All My Loving
Across the Universe - If I Fell
Across the Universe - Something
Across the Universe - I've Seen a Face

     In my oh so humble opinion, these are the best scenes of the film. They have become total classics, and when I'm watching them I cannot help but smile ear-to-ear. I am a sucker for lovey-dovey songs/gestures, and that's basically what these scenes are. 


Sources for information on movies, i.e directors and years:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/10_Things_I_Hate_About_You https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Across_the_Universe_(film)

No comments:

Post a Comment